Antwerp: the city with the world’s most beautiful restaurant, train station and zoo.
After Brussels, Antwerp is Belgium’s most important city for conferences and events. Thanks to its central location in Europe, connection times to major cities are short and comfortable. No less than 25% of the total number of overnight stays in Antwerp are linked to a conference or event. Antwerp offers over 4,200 hotel rooms, many only a short walking distance from the Elisabeth Center Antwerp. The choice of accommodation ranges from 4 star international chains to small boutique hotels.
Antwerp has a lot to offer economically and socially, as well as culturally:
- Rubens’ town: the painter is forever linked to the city of Antwerp. Discover Rubens’ home and studio, and see his artwork on display in fine museums and in the famous Cathedral of Our Lady.
- Fashion in Antwerp: thanks to the Fashion Museum (ModeMuseum), the prestigious Royal Academy and many trendy fashion stores, Antwerp is one of the international capitals of fashion.
- Antwerp Cut, Antwerp Quality: Antwerp is the most important diamond-trading center in the world.
- Maritime Metropolis: the port of Antwerp is Europe’s second biggest port and the world’s second largest petrochemical centre.
- Gastronomic trendsetter: Antwerpers love to eat and drink. The city’s atmosphere is defined by the many restaurant terraces and culinary events held throughout the city, as well as the regional specialities, such as Belgian beer and Belgian chocolate.
Contact Visit Antwerpen for the most up-to-date tourist information and for activity ideas before, during or after your meeting/convention.